Norton provides an easy-to-use method for all its products to help users deploy Norton security on their devices without having interruptions of errors or issues. However, sometimes, due to common mistakes or lack of preparations, while installing or updating your Norton Security, users might end up with unnecessary error messages that can easily be handled with easy-to-follow steps.
But if you don’t know what to do under these circumstances, you’re recommended not to try anything stupid on your own. Better get the technical assistance of Norton Customer Support representatives to deal with the issue. However, if the issue is just a minor one such as Norton Error 8504, you should follow the steps given below.
This article is dedicated to users who face Norton error 8504 and offer them a step-by-step approach to help get rid of the issue. We will walk you through the reasons behind the emergence of the error, and what possible solutions you can take into action to resolve it.
Norton Error 8504 will appear on your screen in the following scenarios:
- If you already have an existing antivirus on your device, it might interrupt the installation of Norton security.
- In case, your installation stops in the middle of the process for no reason at all.
- In case your Norton security requires an immediate update to the latest version
In any of the following scenarios, you will face Norton error 5804
How many types of Norton Error 8504 present?
The Norton error message 8504 will be displayed on your screen any of the following ways:
- Norton error 8504 0
- Norton error 8504 5
- Norton error 8504 and 104
- Norton error 8504 and 100
- Norton Error 8504 102
- Norton Error 8504 106
- Norton Error Code 8504 101
Now, let’s get into the details of resolving the error 5804 or 104
Solution 1: Get previously installed antivirus out of your system
- Press Windows+R and type there appwiz.cpl and hit “Enter”
- You’ll get to see every piece of software installed on your device. Select the antivirus and click on “Uninstall/Remove” program
- Follow the on-screen commands
- Reboot your system when the installation is done
Solution 2: Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- Go to the official Norton Website and download the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- Click twice on the executable file to install and execute the program
- Click on “I Agree” to accept the end-user license agreement and click on “Advanced” option
- Click on “Remove” and then “Restart your computer”
Solution 3: Update Graphic Card
- Go to My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Display Adaptor, or you can choose to simply press Windows+R and type devmgmt.msc and hit “Enter”
- Click twice on “Display Adaptor” and move your cursor to “HD Graphic Card” option and click right on it to choose “Update Driver Software”
- Reboot the system after the update is complete
Solution 4: Using Norton AutoFix Tool
Download and run the Norton AutoFix tool. The tool will trace the issue automatically and get it resolved within minutes.
John Adward is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. he writes about the latest updates regarding Norton.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users.