As you already know that, Norton Core router is of utmost importance to us because it has the ability to protect our connected home network along with delivering the highest level of performance to its users. Regardless of its features and services, sometimes it starts to give errors and we may need to reset it to factory defaults. Below given are some of the major reasons why you might want to do it:
- Because you want to set up the router using the scratch card.
- Probably, your router has stopped working as should be.
You have the option to reset the Norton Core from the app or directly from the router. A factory reset usually removes all the changes in the settings made by you and restores the default setting of the Norton Core router.
(Note: whenever you perform a factory reset, you have to set it up with scratch which includes, linking Norton Core with your Norton account, setting up your wireless network, and adding all users and devices to your network. To know more about Core router norton.com/setup, you can visit Norton’s official website)
Procedure to restore the default settings-
- Navigate to the Norton Core app by tapping on its icon.
- On the top-left corner of the panel, tap the “menu” option.
- Now, go to the “settings” option of Norton core router.
- Hit on the “Routers” entry.
- Hit the “Reset” option and you will be directed to the reset screen.
- You will be provided with the option to select one of the following:
- Factory Reset
- Factory Reset & Erase Data- If you choose this option, you will lose all your Norton Core-specific data which is stored in the cloud.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and click on the“Reset” option.
- In the end, tap “Confirm”.
The light under the router will start to blink indicating the reset. After the completion of the process, the light will stop blinking and the lights will blink white and then you will be directed to the welcome screen.
- Tap “Set up Norton Core” option.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set up Norton Core router again. If prompted to sign in, enter your account credentials and sign in.
- In the provided space enter the network SSID and password for your wireless network.
- Tap “Create” and this will set up your Norton Core router once again.
Perform a factory reset using the reset button
- Plugin the Norton Core router and switch it on.
- Look for the reset button marked with a rounded arrow (↺). Most probably you will find it underneath the router.
- Press and hold it for about 10 seconds and then release it.
- This will reset the factory settings of the Norton core router. Also note that, if you do it this way, you will not lose your personal data which has been stored in the cloud.
To sum up-
Resetting Norton Core to factory settings can be as easy as a child’s play but sometimes it can be tricky as hell. If you encounter any trouble while doing this, you should immediately seek help from Norton support team.